Jacobsburg State Park and Environmental Education Center
Located at the foot of Blue Mountain in Northampton County, the 1,168-acre Jacobsburg State Park and Environmental Education Center has a variety of outdoor activities for everyone including 18.5 miles of scenic trails, a picnic area, fishing along the Bushkill Creek and about 937 acres open to hunting, trapping and dog training during established seasons.
The Environmental Education Center offers a variety of programs including student field learning experiences, Discover E-Outdoor Programs for Young People, conservation leadership schools, the Bureau's Watershed Education program and numerous in-service and pre-service teacher workshops.
Jacobsburg is also rich in history. The Jacobsburg National Historic District is on the National Register of Historic Places and the Boulton Historic Site is administered by the Jacobsburg Historical Society. Individuals can learn more about the the life of the Henry Family and the Boulton Gun Works by taking a self-guided trail and by participating in historical programs. For more information about Jacobsburg, visit http://www.jacobsburg.org/ .
- Fax: 610-746-2804
- Hours: Park: Sunrise to sunset. Office: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped accessible bathrooms; parking spaces available; accommodations can be made for those interested in fishing and/or hunting
- Founding Date: 1972
- What makes this community special?: Nazareth has a quaint, small-town feel to it, yet it has all the services and opportunities you need.
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Within the Jacobsburg National Historic District lies a colonial gun manufactory where the Henry Rifle was once made. The old growth forest is an interesting ecological feature of Henry's Woods. The hemlock and white oak trees are 275 to 300 years old.
- Features: Benches, Grills, Picnic tables
- Services: Restrooms
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 1,168 acres
- Private events: Yes
- Number of trails: 6
- Average trail length: 2
- Trail types: Cross-country skiing, Hiking, Horseback, Mountain biking
- Scenic views: Yes
- What is the best time of year and day to explore the trails?: The best days to explore the trails are Monday through Friday when not as many people have off from work or school. Most people come all year-round, but the fall and spring months make for beautiful scenes.