If you want to go shopping, get suntan lotion for the pool or grab some grub for a barbecue, some places in Forks and Palmer townships will be open on Monday for the Labor Day holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
Monday's Labor Day holiday sees summer unofficially ending as the Lehigh Valley tires to soak up the sun one last time.
- The Palmer Community Pool will be open with hours from 12:30
p.m. to 8 p.m., weather permitting. The Stones Crossing Pool in Palmer
will also be open. Dutch Springs will be open as well.
- The Palmer Park Mall will have special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. while hours for department stories like Boscov's and Bon-Ton may vary.
- Most supermarkets, like Giant and Weis will be open along with numerous retail outlets like Target and Kohl's in Lower Nazareth Township and fast-food businesses.
Here's a list of some places that are closed:
- Nazareth government offices.
- Upper Nazareth and Lower Nazareth government offices.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- Most banks.
- The Nazareth Post Office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The offices of District Judge John Capobianco.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.