Classes have been canceled Monday for at least 2.1 million public school K-12 students along the East Coast in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy, according to a live blog on cnn.com.
Those figures now include students who attend Nazareth Area School District's six schools. Both the school and offices will be closed Monday, according to WFMZ and an e-mail from Nazareth Area High School principal Alan Davis.
Davis noted that mid-term exams will begin on Wednesday, Oct. 31, instead of Tuesday, Oct. 30.
If the district is closed on Tuesday, exams will begin on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Also closed Monday:
- Holy Family School in Nazareth
- Nazareth YMCA, all classes and school-age childcare are canceled
- Memorial Library of Nazareth & Vicinity
- Northampton Community College, all sites
- Tatamy Borough Administrative Offices