Christmas trees will be collected at curbside on:
- Thursday, Jan. 3
- Wednesday, Jan. 9
- Wednesday, Jan. 16
All tinsel, garland and ornaments must be removed from the trees.
Upper Nazareth Township
Christmas tree dropoff will begin Wednesday, Dec. 26 and will run through the end of January.
There are two dropoff locations:
- At the township's maintenance building at 155 Friedenstahl Ave., across the street from Nazareth Area Middle School
- At the township's second maintenance building at 3151 Daniels Road.
Lower Nazareth Township
Trees will be accepted at 4600 Newburg Road from Jan. 2 to Jan. 12.
Christmas Tree Recycling Program hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (By appointment only)
- Saturdays, Jan. 5 and 12, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (No appointment necessary)
All persons participating in the program will be required to provide identification at the time of disposal.
- Appointments can be made by calling (484) 239-2534.
- Appointments must be made and confirmed one business day prior to dropoff.
- When leaving a voicemail, leave your name and phone number. A staff member will return your call to confirm your appointment.
There will be no dropoff in the event of a snow or ice storm.
Lower Nazareth residents may also dispose of their Christmas trees at the First Regional Compost Authority facility at 6701 Weaversville Road, Allen Township. For more information, visit www.frcaweb.org.
All tinsel, garland, ornaments and tree bags must be removed.
Bushkill Township maintains a local dropoff location at 897 Clearfield Road (the township's maintenance facility).
Dropoff hours are Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Facilities are closed from Dec. 1 to March 1 and all legal holidays, with the exception of the first three Saturdays in January for Christmas tree dropoff.
2013 Christmas Tree DropOff Dates:
- Saturday, Jan. 5
- Saturday, Jan. 12
- Saturday, Jan. 19
For more information on Bushkill Township's Yard Waste Program, visit www.bushkilltownship.com.
Plainfield Township residents can include Christmas trees with their normal garbage.