For the 11th year, the Nazareth Area School District is offering a Property Tax Rebate Program. The maximum rebate this year is $650.
The Property Tax Rebate is based on school district property taxes paid during the 2011-12 school year.
You may qualify for a Property Tax Rebate if:
- You have owned and occupied your home in the Nazareth Area School District during the 2011-12 school year (rebates are granted for your primary residence only).
- You or your spouse (if living with you) were 65 years or older as of Dec. 31, 2011.
- You were a widow or widower during all or part of 2011 and were 50 years or older as of Dec. 31, 2011.
- You were permanently disabled during all or part of 2011, and you were unable to work because of a medical-determined physical or mental disability that is expected to continue indefinitely.
- Your total annual income, including the income of a spouse residing with you, was $35,000 or less in 2011. (IMPORTANT: Only report 50 percent of your Railroad Retirement benefits and 50 percent of all benefits received under the Federal Social Security Act);
- Property taxes for 2011-12 were paid on your home.
- Only one member of your household may file a claim even if more than one person is qualified to receive a rebate.
- Delinquent taxes DO NOT QUALIFY.
A copy of your state refund check must accompany your application, along with a signed copy of your 2011 PA-1000.
Applications are available at:
- The Office of State Rep. Joe Emrick
Nazareth Borough Hall
134 S. Main St., Nazareth
- The Office of State Rep. Marcia Hahn
354 West Moorestown Road, Nazareth (Bushkill Twp.)
- Local Real Estate Tax Collector Offices
- Nazareth Area School District Administration Building
1 Education Plaza, Nazareth