Because elaborate costumes take some planning, has already announced registration dates for the borough's Oct. 13 :
- 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4
- 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Oct. 6
- 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 8
- 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11
Registration must be completed at the firehouse on S. Broad Street. Phone registration will not be accepted.
The parade is sponsored by Vigilance Hose and the Nazareth Area Kiwanis Club, so while registration is free, donations are welcome.
The annual Halloween parade will march off Belvidere and Liberty streets at 1 p.m. -- rain or shine.
The parade route is as follows:
- Start: Belvidere and S. Liberty streets
- Travel east on Belvidere to S. Main Street
- Head up S. Main Street to Center Square
- Make the turn onto E. Center Street
After the parade, refreshments will be provided to participants.
Cash prizes will be awarded to category winners, including "Best Appearing Individual," "Most Comical," "Best Appearing Floats," and more.
Click for the 2011 parade results.
Local business owners are encouraged to participate, not only for the Halloween fun but also to take advantage of free advertising, a press release states.
For more information, call Carl Strye Jr., parade chairman and president of Vigilance Hose, at (610) 759-7743.