If you have a passion for something -- your job, your hobby, your family -- then you should be blogging about it.
Do you bowl, fish, garden, knit, shoot video or take pictures? Are you a single mom, a single dad, an accountant with finance tips or a gardener with advice to share? Do you have opinions on politics, education or crime? Can you recommend a good book or explain how to do something better, faster and cheaper?
Whatever you have to teach others, blogging about it has never been easier. And we will feature the best entries on the Patch home page. (It’s free, too.)
How to Blog on Patch
- Sign in to your Patch account.
- Click Want to blog on Patch? (Under Local Voices).
- Click Post on Patch. (Bookmark this link to make it even quicker.)
- Write a Post and click Submit. (You can include original photos and videos.)
Tips for Bloggers
- Blog what you love -- what you are passionate about.
- Make it useful. Teach something.
- Make it easy to read: Use lists, bullet points, subheads and short paragraphs.
- Make it a 2-minute read, or less (that’s about 600 words max).
- One post, one idea: keep it focused.
- Upload a profile photo for your Patch account.
- Use clear, short titles that attract readers.
- Encourage readers to comment on your blog.
- Read other blogs.
- Read the Patch Blogging Guidelines
Types of blog posts:
- Lists (Top 10, Five Things, etc.)
- Almost anything else...
Contact editor Mallory Vough at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 390-9770.