Part of Nazareth Patch is our events calendar. We add upcoming events as we hear about them, but we don't know about everything going on in the community. So we need your help.
If your church is having its annual picnic, let us know. If your son's soccer team is holding a fundraiser to raise money for new uniforms, tell us where to go to help. There's room for bake sales, yard sales, school events, concerts, lectures, government meetings, fairs and more in our calendar.
Follow these steps to learn how to add your event, and help us fill our calendar.
- On the Nazareth Patch homepage, you'll see the calendar to the right of the top four stories. At the bottom of that calendar, you'll want to click "Post Your Own Event." You can also go to nazareth.patch.com/events and click "Add an Event," which is on the right-hand side of the page -- at the top.
- Give your event a title. IE:
- Enter a date and time for the event. If your event is ongoing, there's no need to enter it more than once! Check the box next to "This event happens more than once or is an ongoing event," then select the appropriate option.
- Either search for a specific location (IE: ) in the "Where" spot, or enter the full address of the event if the location is not in Nazareth Patch's directory.
- Add a description letting the community know what the event is for, who can come and anything else you think is relevant.
- Upload any photos, PDF files or video that help illustrate your event, or give Patch readers additional information.
- Choose a category -- or two, if more than one fits -- for the event.
- You can add a link to the event's website, contact information, price and a ticket website, but these fields aren't necessary to post an event.
- Click "Post My Event," and it will show up on the events calendar shortly -- there might be a few-minutes lag time, so don't panic if it doesn't show up instantaneously.
Now the whole Patch community will know about your event! If you run into any hiccups, don't hesitate to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.