If you’d rather be covered in grass stains and wing sauce than hair spray and lip gloss, listen up! Being a guy’s girl is a gift. But hanging with the fellas doesn’t mean you should dress like them. Here are the top five fashion trends to turn your tomboy into a tomcat.
1. Sporty Spice: With baseball season in full-swing, dugout divas are doing their thing. But cheering on your favorite team can also be trendy. Many teams now offer a girly version of jerseys, tees and hats, making any ballpark babe that much more beautiful.
Hey Batter, Batter Fashion Top, , $22.99
MLB Metallic V-Neck Tee, Victoria’s Secret, Palmer Park Mall, $29.50
2. Sexy Sweats: These sporty staples come in a variety of girly colors and styles. Whether you like to roll them up or wear them wide, with the right top, sweats can be sexy. Many styles now come with some bling -- the perfect combination of cute and comfy.
PINK Boyfriend Pant, Victoria’s Secret, Palmer Park Mall, $29.50-39.50
Supersoft Knit Crop Pant, Aerie, Lehigh Valley Mall, $29.50
3. Overtime overalls: If you’d rather pound nails then paint them, this look is for you. Even the working girls need some glamour. Overalls were a 1990s fashion phase, but they are making their way back to shelves, but with a trendy twist.
Overall Denim Romper, Forever 21, Lehigh Valley Mall, $19.90
4. Un-Skinny Jeans: I’m a tomboy myself, and there is nothing I hate more than skinny jeans. They’re too tight for a tough girl like me. So, jeggings are the perfect pant. They look like jeans, but have a stretchy waistband like sweats. They also come in a variety of washes and wears.
Rock Star Denim Leggings, Old Navy, Whitehall, $19
AE Jegging, American Eagle, Palmer Park Mall, $39.50
5. Sweet Sneaks: Prefer high-tops over heels? No problem. Stylish sneakers are functional and fashionable for any tomboy. Perfect for pick-up games.
Nike LunarFly Sneakers, Lady Foot Locker, Lehigh Valley Mall, $79.99
Reebok Zig Fly Sneakers, Champs, Lehigh Valley Mall, $99.99
Keep these 5 trends in mind on your next shopping trip and add some (tom)boyish charm to your closet.