The Ninth Annual Young Authors Writing Contest, which is sponsored by The Memorial Library of Nazareth and Vicinity, will be held from Feb. 6 to March 10.
The contest is open to children in grades K through 12 who reside in Nazareth or Bushkill, Lower Nazareth and Upper Nazareth townships.
Winners will be chosen from four categories: grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
The library asks that participants note the following details:
- Entries must be original -- ideas, words and pictures must be your own.
- Leave at least 1 ½” margin on the sides of your entry.
- Do not fasten the pages together (no glue or staples); Paper clips are recommended.
- Entries should be at least 12 pages of story.
- Text can be handwritten or typed. In the K-2 category only, an adult may assist with the words but do not change words or improve the text.
- Use non-smear markers, crayons or any permanent medium for illustrations. Photographs are not allowed.
- A title page is required.
- The paper should not exceed 8 ½ x 11 inches and should be durable and unlined.
- The cover page should be made of regular paper with at least a ½” margin all the way around. The cover page must be the same size as the inside of the book.
- Submit two (2) copies of the finished book.
- Entries will be accepted in the Children’s Department of the library starting March 1.
- Entries should be submitted in a large, flat envelope or securely paperclipped and should not be folded. Make sure your name and phone number are on your entries.
- Winners will be announced on April 10, during National Library Week.