People flocked to Nazareth Patch in 2011 for stories that ranged from tragic (one too many fatal accidents on area roads and a 16-year-old boy losing his life while diving at Dutch Springs) to abnormal (a funnel cloud spotted near Nazareth and paranormal activity at The Newburg Inn).
Here are 25 stories of events -- large and small -- that attracted lots of attention:
1. Boy, 16, Dead After Diving at Dutch Springs Saturday
Royersford teen was scuba diving with his father at the Lower Nazareth water adventure park.
2. Two Nazareth Men Critically Injured in Fatal Accident
Two Nazareth men are in critical condition after an early-morning -- and fatal -- accident in Warren County, N.J., according to a report in The Morning Call.
3. Correction: Funnel Cloud Spotted Near Nazareth
Potential twister seen at Routes 33 and 248 on Monday evening.
4. Walnutport Woman Killed in Upper Nazareth Township Crash
Kelly Quier of Walnutport identified as person killed in Upper Nazareth Township crash.
5. Huge Fire at Plainfield Township Plastics Plant
Hundreds of firefighters from three counties respond to blaze.
6. Ghostly Photo Revealed from Newburg Inn
Northampton County Paranormal reveals a piece of evidence from the paranormal investigation at the Newburg Inn.
7. Fatal Accident Involves Student Van in Upper Nazareth
One person is reported killed in a collision between an RV and student transport van.
8. Photo Gallery: Nicos Polymers Fire Aftermath
About 16 hours after an early-morning fire broke out at Nicos Polymers in Plainfield Township, firefighters continued to battle hot spots.
9. Moore Township Man Allegedly Assaults Nazareth Detective
Joseph Marvelli, 54, allegedly punched Det. Fred Lahovski in the face and "attempted to gouge his eyes out," according to police.
10. UPDATE: Missing Upper Nazareth Man Found Dead in Stockertown
Ankit Patel, 29, had been reported missing since Jan. 21.
11. Bethlehem Township Woman Killed in Route 33 Crash
Melissa Garrigan, 41, was killed Sunday morning in a crash on Route 33 in Plainfield Township.
12. Teen Dies Almost Two Weeks After Crash in Bushkill Township
Tyler Merritt, 19, of Bushkill Township died almost two weeks after crashing his vehicle near the intersection of Cherry Hill and Young roads, according to a report in The Morning Call.
13. Driver in Wrong-Way Fatal Crash Identified as Nazareth Resident
Authorities have identified the driver of the vehicle that collided with a tractor-trailer Tuesday as Thomas J. Frezza of Nazareth, according to a story published in the Express-Times.
14. Photos: Bushkill Creek Swells After Hurricane Irene
The Bushkill Creek is normally peaceful and calm, but Hurricane Irene quickly changed the creek's demeanor in less than 24 hours.
15. Nazareth Woman Killed in Route 33 Crash
According to witnesses, Shawnalai Werkheiser, 22, was traveling at a high rate of speed before the one-vehicle crash in Plainfield Township.
16. Nazareth Man Shoots Neighbor's Dog, Claims Self-Defense
The Rottweiler/pitbull/St. Bernard mix was shot dead after he escaped from a borough kennel and returned to the neighborhood where he was involved in a dog fight earlier in the day.
17. Nazareth High Student Charged in Armed Robbery
Kewdy Andre Santa-Mella, 18, is accused of robbing another student of $120.
18. Nazareth Police Chief: 'Mobile Meth Lab' Taken Down
Pennsylvania State Police are headed to Nazareth's headquarters to secure the car.
19. UPDATE: Kristine Klueber Identified as Pedestrian Hit on Route 248 in Lower Nazareth
News reports indicate a woman was taken to the hospital.
20. Fire Destroys Garage and Damages Nazareth Home
Resident tells police the fire started after he mowed the lawn.
21. Farmer's Market Coming to Downtown Nazareth
Nazareth Borough Council approves the use of Center Square for a farmer’s market.
22. Panera Bread to Open in Empty Blockbuster
Panera Bread representatives approach the Lower Nazareth Planning Commission about the plan.
23. Thomas Maher, Nazareth School Board Member, Dies Suddenly
Maher, 61, a certified public accountant, was well-known as a spending hawk and fiscal watchdog.
24. Nazareth Woman Charged for Texting 'Jerk'
Kimberly Bush, of S. Whitfield Street, told police she had consumed four Xanax and three alcoholic beverages when the text message was sent.
25. Retail Thefts Reported at Two Lower Nazareth Businesses
The following information was supplied by Colonial Regional Police. It does not indicate a conviction.