How to Enroll Your Soon-to-be Kindergartner
To start the kindergarten enrollment process, parents must return a completed enrollment form to Nazareth Area School District Central Registration by Feb. 4, 2013.
Kindergarten in the Nazareth Area School District is an all-day program. To be eligible for kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old before the first day of September 2013.
To start the process, parents must return a completed enrollment form to NASD Central Registration by Feb. 4, 2013.
Enrollment forms will soon be mailed to potential kindergarten students who are on our census list. If you live in the Nazareth Area School District, have an eligible student, and do not receive a form, please call (610) 759-1170, x1114 to be put on our mailing list.
The information is also available on the District website -- www.nazarethasd.org -- under “Kindergarten Enrollment – Fall 2013.”
After processing enrollment forms, school secretaries will mail registration packets to the enrolling child’s home. Parents must return the completed packets in person to the child’s school no later than Feb. 28, and prior to orientation.
Required documents include:
- The child’s birth certificate or other proof of age
- Proof of residency
- Parental Custody and Access to School Information form
- A completed Home Language Survey
- Immunizations from the physician (Medical or religious exemptions are permissible and need to be discussed with the school nurse).
Pennsylvania required immunizations are:
- 4 doses of Td (Diptheria & Tetanus) vaccine, including one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- 3 doses of Polio vaccine
- 2 doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) - first dose administered after first birthday
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- 2 doses of Varicella (chicken pox) - first dose administered after first birthday, or history of disease
Parents must bring in written proof of immunizations or they will not be allowed to enroll their child. If the completed health history form has not been already submitted to the school, it should be brought to the March orientation. At that time, the nurse will discuss the health services available at school.
Editor's Note: This information was provided by NASD's Office of Pupil Services.