Fun for All and All for Nazareth Days
Don't miss out on Nazareth’s biggest summer bash, which will feature sidewalk sales, downtown attractions and, of course, the block party.
Nazareth Block Party.
OK, I lie. There's a lot to say about the biggest summer celebrations held in downtown Nazareth -- next to Martin on Main.
Nazareth Days -- as a whole -- will be held Thursday through Saturday, July 14 to 16.
And boy, is there a lot going on.
“Everyone gets involved,” said Tina Smith, president of the Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce. “Friday always seems to be the busier day because the banks get involved and they give out free food.”
However, the local banks won’t be the only businesses doling out freebies; Nazareth Hometown Hardware plans to hand out freeze pops to battle the mid-summer heat, and sidewalk sales will be held each day.
Nazareth Block Party
From 7pm to 11pm Friday, the Nazareth Block Party will shut down Belvidere Street for a whole avenue... er... street... of food, drinks and live entertainment.
“Belvidere Street is closed corner-to-corner; on one side is a DJ, on the other side is a live band, and there’s a host of food vendors in between,” Smith explained.
This year’s entertainment will be provided by Uncle Smiley, a local cover band.
From 10am to 2pm Saturday, Nazareth Day will be held on Center Square and over on Belvidere Street.
A whole host of activities and attractions are planned (no, really):
- Trolley services will be provided by Easton Coach at no charge. The trolley will leave from the Nazareth Boro-Park and will make several stops throughout town. A guide will be on board from the Moravian Historical Society to point out historical sites and to talk about Nazareth’s rich history.
- A petting zoo will be available courtesy of the Lehigh Valley Zoo.
- An Indy 500 race car will be on display courtesy of the Andretti family (weather permitting).
- Local fire companies will have antique fire engines on display, and Vigilance Hose Co. No. 1 will bring out its large hook-and-ladder truck.
- Horse-and-wagon rides through historic downtown Nazareth will be available courtesy of the Bethlehem Carriage Company.
- Martin Guitar will have a display set up in addition to a few guitars on hand for attendees to play.
- A special children’s pavilion will be available on Belvidere Street. The pavilion will feature clowns, crafts, balloon tying and face painting.
- Action Karate will hold an hourlong demonstration at the children’s pavilion on Belvidere Street.
- Jump Around Inc. will provide a moonwalk and dunk tank for children at Center Square, courtesy of Nazareth Moravian Church.
- From 10am to 11am, Movement Theater will be hold an interactive dance hour for kids.
- From 11am to noon, the Gilbert family of Easton will perform patriotic songs during a program called “Sing for America.” The family will be accepting donations that will support U.S. troops.
- From noon to 1pm, dancers from Broadway Rhythms Dance Studio in Allentown will perform.
You'd think all of that would be enough entertainment for one day, but don't forget about the fireworks display that will go off at 10pm sharp.
Nazareth Days is a non-profit event that is 100 percent volunteer-fueled. The three-day event is sponsored by:
- Barbara’s Treasures
- Easton Coach
- Evergreen Lake
- Kitchen Magic
- Lafayette Ambassador Bank
- Merchants Bank
- Metz Amusements
- Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce
- Wright Veterinary Medical Center
For more information, visit the Nazareth Days Facebook page.