Lint that was backed up in a clothes dryer started smoking around 8 p.m. Monday at Nazareth Area High School.
Superintendent Dennis Riker said the school’s custodians spotted the smoking lint right away and doused it. The dryer is in the boys locker room and is used to dry uniforms and gear, he said.
The burning lint caused no damage to the school and the smoke alarms did not go off, Riker said.
Regarding the backed-up lint, Riker said, “It’s a good lesson for all of us.”
Riker said an electrician inspected the dryer Tuesday morning, but still hadn’t been told if the dryer is still functional.